Savior-on the Spilt Blood Church was constructed in the years 1883-1907, on the place, where on March, 1 1881 Ignatiy Grinevetsky deadly wounded the emperor Alexander II. The church was designed by Alfred Parland, who used various composition methods and applied the shapes of Moscow and Yaroslavl churches of the 17-th century. The building is one of the masterpieces of Russian mosaic art. The facade walls are faced with the glazed brick and multicolor ceramic and ornamented glazed tiles. Various kinds of Italian marble and different Russian semiprecious stones were used in the process of floor and interior walls decoration. There are nine domes on the “Spas-Na-Krovi” Church. Five of them are covered with jewellery enamel, with total area of 1000 square meters.