Novodevichy convent was included into the list of the world cultural heritage by UNESCO, it’s one of the oldest and the most beautiful Russian convents. Novodevichy convent was founded in 1524 in the South-western part of Moscow, at the bend of the Moskva river. The most remarkable sight of the Novodevichy convent is Smolensky cathedral, the first the building convent foundation began with. This monumental five-dome church is decorated with the painting of the 16-th and 17-th century. Now the museum of Novodevichy convent has a collection of about 12,000 items. The major exhibits are: old Russian paintings, fabrics of the 16-20-th centuries, precious metal and stone works and documentary collection of the documents from the monastery archive, library of handwritten and old printed books.